Description
Postcard of the stone house in Lyons Brook, once owned by Robert Taylor. The house was originally part of the Mill Brook Farm left to John MacKenzie by his father in 1815. The stone for the home came from MacKenzie's own quarry and floated down Lyons Brook by barge. The home itself was built in 1834 by Alfred Hogg, an immigrant from Dumfriesshire.
Lyons Brook Stone House
- Type
- image
- Views
- 698
- Source
- Caroline Fraser
- File ID
- 2021-05-15l
- File Location
- Photo Cabinet #2
- Added
- Aug 13, 2021
- Contributed by
- Susan Parker
Related Documents
McDonalds of Hardwood Hill Photo Album
Possibly a daughter of Rev John McMillan
MacKay
Crayon Portrait
The Canadian Trade Review, 1900, page 64
Page 64 of the 1900 issue
Kenneth McKenzie, Green Hill
Receipt of John A McKenzie date 20 September, 1887.
1913 Group Photo
1913 Group photo possibly taken at New Annan, Colchester County, Nova Scotia
Eliza Maxwell
Eliza Maxwell Beside John Maxwell Who's Stone Has Fallin