Description
Survey of land of Melford Farm on the east side of the West River in Durham. Made by J. Roy of New Glasgow, December 1888.
Map features the West River Road (east side) along the West River by the Durham bridge, along with the former road to Greenhill in the centre. William Matheson bought three plots of land (one from James Patterson and wife on Oct. 28, 1830, and one from Harris-Blackie on Oct. 13, 1818), which form to make the Melford farm lot. The lot borders thoses of Mrs. McDonald, William McDonald, and Thomas McDonald on the south; William Maxwell, Mrs. Roddick, and John Fraser on the north; John Fraser and Blaikie on the east; and the land of the school house and Durham Cemetery on the west.
Plan of Melford Farm
- Type
- image
- Views
- 1,100
- File ID
- 2015-08-05
- File Location
- Vault - Top of Photo Cabinet
- Added
- Jul 21, 2015
- Contributed by
- Susan Parker
Related Documents
McDonalds of Hardwood Hill Photo Album
Possibly a daughter of Rev John McMillan
Sub Div "D"
Sub Division " D"
The Canadian Trade Review, 1900, page 64
Page 64 of the 1900 issue
Kenneth McKenzie, Green Hill
Receipt of John A McKenzie date 20 September, 1887.
1913 Group Photo
1913 Group photo possibly taken at New Annan, Colchester County, Nova Scotia
Eliza Maxwell
Eliza Maxwell Beside John Maxwell Who's Stone Has Fallin