Description
The freestone house to the left, or west, is 78-80 Water Street (circa 1825), which was used orginially as a combined store and home, later housing the mercantle bank, and is now a gift/ antique and art shop. In the 1950s, it belonged to William H. Harris, the last of a long line of Harrises who, for 150 years or more held the office of High Sherif or Deputy Sheriff. The history of the other freestone house, 72-74 Water Street, dates back to 1824 or earlier.
Stone Houses on Water Street
- Type
- image
- Views
- 1,062
- Source
- Tara MacDonald; Community Memories Project
- File ID
- 79-30.11
- File Location
- Photo Cabinet, Drawer #1
- Added
- Jun 3, 2015
- Contributed by
- Melanie MacKay
Related Documents
McDonalds of Hardwood Hill Photo Album
Possibly a daughter of Rev John McMillan
Sub Div "D"
Sub Division " D"
The Canadian Trade Review, 1900, page 64
Page 64 of the 1900 issue
Kenneth McKenzie, Green Hill
Receipt of John A McKenzie date 20 September, 1887.
1913 Group Photo
1913 Group photo possibly taken at New Annan, Colchester County, Nova Scotia
Eliza Maxwell
Eliza Maxwell Beside John Maxwell Who's Stone Has Fallin