Will of John Grant.
Certified Copy for Reg of Deeds
LAST WILL AND TESTAMENT OF JOHN GRANT.
Be it known by these presents: That I, John Grant of Mohler in the county of Lincoln, State of Washington, being of full age and of sound and disposing mind and memory do hereby make, publish and declare this my last will and testament in the manner following namely:
1. I hereby revoke all former wills made by me.
2. I direct my executor hereinafter named to pay out of my estate as soon as may be after my decease all my just debts and funeral and testamentary expenses and I give him full power to manage and settle said estate in accordance with the provisions of this will as he may deem best.
3. I hereby give bequeath and devise all my estate both real and personal of every kind and description wheresoever situated which I may own at the time of my death to my brother Gordon S. Grant for and during his life and from and after his decease to Charlotte, Ruby and Christina the three daughters of my youngest sister Christina Fraser; and to Jessie, the daughter of my sister Catherine Foster absolutely share and share alike; my intention being that on the death of my brother my estate shall go to my four nieces named in equal shares.
4. I hereby nominate and appoint my brother Gordon S. Grant to be the executor of this will and I direct that he shall not be required to give any bond whatsoever as such executor.
5. I further direct my executor to settle my estate in the manner provided in this will without the intervention of any Court, and I desire that Letters Testamentary shall not be required upon said estate, it being my intention to take advantage of section 6196 of Ballinger's codes and Statutes of the State of Washington.
In testimony whereof I have hereunto set my hand this 18th day of December A.D., 1901.
Signed John Grant
The above instrument consisting of two typewritten pages was on the date thereof signed published and declared by the said testator, John Grant as and for his last will and testament in the presence of us both present at the same time who at his request and in his presence and in the presence of each other have attested to the same and hereby subscribe our names as witnesses thereto.
Signed Laurence R. Hamblen of Spokane, Wash.
W. S. Gilbert of Spokane, Wash.
Province of Nova Scotia
County of Pictou
In the Court of Probate
I John D. McLeod Registrar of said Court Do Hereby Certify that the foregoing paper writing is a true Copy of the Letters of Administration with Will annexed of the Estate of John Grant late of Mohler in the County of Lincoln, State of Washington deceased which said Letters of Administration with Will annexed was duly decreed and granted by the Surrogate Court in the Judicial District Court of Moose Jaw Province of Saskatchewan to Andrew C. Moffat of Hawarden in the said Province of Saskatchewan and Charlotte C. Watson of Starrington in the Sate of Washington on the 20th. day of March A.D. 1912.
Witness my hand at Pictou in the County of Pictou this Eleventh day of March AD 1913.
John D. MacLeod Registrar
Large red seal affixed
Stamp - PROVINCE OF NOVA SCOTIA, REGISTRAR OF DEEDS
Office, County of Pictou, SEP 6 1913 I certify that the within instrument was duly registered at 11 AM of the above day in Book 5, page 172 on the certificate of John D. MacLeod Reg
John Yorston Registrar.
Vault - Registry of Deeds Shelf
|File number:||15W - 2173G|
|Contributor:||Judy Cormier | View all submissions|
|Tags:||John Grant of Mohler County of Lincoln, State of Washington, Gordon S. Grant, Charlotte Fraser, Ruby Fraser, Christina Fraser, sister Christina Fraser, Jessie Foster, Catherine Foster, 1901, Laurence R. Hamblen of Spokane Wash., W.S. Gilbert of Spokane Wash., Moose Jaw Saskatchewan, 1912, 1913|
|Uploaded on:||May 16, 2015|