Will of Annie Foote
Certified Copy for Reg of Deeds
This is the last Will and Testament of me Annie Foote of the Town and County of Pictou, Widow.
I give and devise my estate as follows:-
1. To my daughter Margaret the western half of the lot whereon stands my dwelling between Beaches Road and the street at present opened which crosses my land from West to East: Also the lot of land of six acres lying some distance northward of Beeches Road and known as the "Johnston" field: Also all my personal property.
2. To my daughter Catherine one acre of land situate to the North of said Beaches Road and to the West of the lot owned by David I. Foote and fronting on Beaches Road aforesaid.
3. To my daughter Annie one acre adjoining a lot she now owns and situate to the West of the same and Northward of the Beaches Road aforesaid.
4. To my son Daniel the eastern half of the lot whereon stands the barn extending fro the south side of Beaches Road to the Cross street referred to in paragraph one hereof: Also one acre situate to the north of aid Beaches Road, fronting on said road and adjoining land formerly part of the Harper farm so called on the East thereof: Also two acres of land situate to the West of the lot devised to my said daughter Annie in the preceeding paragraph: Also the lot of land known as the "Harper" field containing five acres more or less situate towards the rear or Northern part of my farm lands.
5. The bequests mentioned in paragraph four hereof are made to my son Daniel subject to the proviso and condition that he returns to Nova Scotia within one year from the date of my decease and claims said bequests, and in default of his so returning and claiming said bequests within the period aforesaid I give and devise the same absolutely to my said daughter Margaret.
6. I give and devise the lot of land known as the "Norton" field to my said son David I. Foote.
7. I give and devise unto George H. Elliot of Pictou, Barrister, and to my said daughter Margaret (whom I hereby nominate and appoint my executor and executrix of this my will) their heirs and assigns forever and the heirs and assigns of the survivor of them all the rest and residue of my real estate and land covered with water and wherever situate in trust to sell the same in one or more lot or lots and either at public auction by private contract or partly by public auction and partly by private contract as to them or the survivor shall seem meet to any person or persons who shall be willing to become the purchaser or purchasers thereof for the most money that can be reasonably obtained for the same, and out of the moneys arising from said sale or sales to pay my debts funeral and Testamentary expenses, and the balance if any do divide equally among my sons and daughters living at the time of my decease. 8. The lands so devised by the foregoing bequests to the partied therin named being not laid off by metes and bounds shall be laid off or apportioned by my executor and executrix or the survivor of them, and their or his or her decision in the matter shall be binding on the respective devises.
I revoke all former will by me heretofore made.
In Witness Whereof I have hereto my hand subscribed and seal affixed this second day of November A.D., 1900.
(Signed) Annie Foote L.S.
Signed, sealed published and declared by the said testatrix Annie Foote, as and for her last Will and Testament in the presence of us both present at the same time who at her request and in her presence and in the presence of each other have hereto subscribed our names as attesting witnesses.
(Signed) William McGuire
Province of Nova Scotia County of Pictou
I, John D. McLeod, Registrar of said Court do hereby certify that the foregoing paper writing is a true and correct copy of the last Will and Testament of Annie Foote, late of Pictou in the County of Pictou, Widow, Deceased, which said will was duly admitted to Probate in said Court at Pictou on the 14th day of July AD 1910.
Witness my hand at Pictou aforesaid this 14th.. day of July 1910 John D. MacLeod Registrar
Stamp - PROVINCE OF NOVA SCOTIA, REGISTRAR OF DEEDS Office, County of Pictou, OCT 5 1910 I certify that the within instrument was duly registered at 3 PM of the above day in Book 4, page 387 on the certificate of John D. MacLeod Reg
John Yorston Registrar.
Vault - Registry of Deeds Shelf
|File number:||15 W - 2029F|
|Contributor:||Judy Cormier | View all submissions|
|Tags:||Annie Foote of Pictou, Widow, Margaret Foote, Beaches Road, "Johnston" field, Catherine Foote, David I. Foote, Daniel Foote, "Harper" field, Harper farm, "Norton" field, George H. Elliott of Pictou, Barrister, 1900, William McGuire, William Grant, 1910, Annie Foote|
|Uploaded on:||March 29, 2015|