Will of Howard Primrose, deceased
Certified Copy of Will for Reg of Deeds Pictou
This is the last Will and Testament of me Howard Primrose of Pictou in the County of Pictou in the Province of Nova Scotia, Esquire.
(1) I give and bequeath to my son John my Gold watch and chain.
(2) I give and bequeath to my wife Olivia all my household furniture and personal property (except gold watch and chain) in and about my Dwelling House being all the furniture is said house including silver, Silver pate, pictures linen, re.
(3) I direct my executors to pay my Grandson Howard Primrose Primrose when he arrives at the age of twenty one years the sum of one hundred and seventy five Dollars to be expanded in the purchase of a gold watch and chain.
(4) I do will devise and bequeath all my estate real and personal except what is herein specifically devised to my executrix and executor To Have and To Hold the same to them and the surviving them In Trust as follows:
As to my real estate to permit my said wife to occupy and enjoy the same during her life. In case it should be the wish of my said wife at any time and my said executors shall consider it desirable so to do then in Trust to sell and dispose of my House and property in Water Street or any portion or portions of my real estate for the best price to be obtained therefor and invest the proceeds at interest and keep the same invested during the life of my said wife and pay to her semi-annually the interest and dividends arising from such investment.
As to personal estate I direct my executors to allow the same to remain invested and to keep the same invested in good securities bearing interest and dividends and to pay the interest and dividends arising from said investments semi-annually to my said wife during her life and upon the further Trust if the amount of said interest and dividends should not be considered amply sufficient to meet the wants of my said wife and my wife should require the Executors so to do, then to call in annually such portions of the principal or invested funds as my said executors shall consider necessary and to pay the same to my said wife.
And upon the death of my said wife In Trust to pay out of said principal sum to my granddaughter Olivia the sum of Five hundred Dollars ($500.00)
Upon the death of my said wife In Trust for the executors or the survivor of them to sell and dispose of all the Real Estate then remaining unsold and the proceeds arising from such sale together with the remaining portion of the said principal amounts and invested funds and any accrued interest to pay and divide among my four children, Annie, Mary Campbell, Alexander and John in equal shares, And in case of the death of any of my said children when the same is payable, leaving issue surviving the deceased parent would have taken if living.
(5) The devises and bequeaths to my said wife to be in lieu of any claim and dower upon said Real Estate.
(6) I nominate and appoint my said wife Olivia Executrix and my son Alexander Executor of this my last Will and Testament.
(7) I do hereby cancel and annul all and any former or other wills by me at any time heretofore made and do declare this to be my last Will and Testament.
In witness whereof I have hereunto Subscribed and Set my hand and Seal this twentieth day of January AD 1899.
Signed Howard Primrose (L.S.)
Signed Sealed published and declared by the said Testator Howard Primrose as and for his last Will and Testament, in the presence of us, who in his presence and in the presence of each other have hereunto subscribed our names as witnesses.
Signed David Logan
Signed James Primrose
Province of Nova Scotia
County of Pictou S.S.
In the Court of Probate of Wills
I John D. McLeod Registrar of said Court do hereby certify that the foregoing paper writing is a true copy of the last Will and Testament of Howard Primrose late of Pictou in the County of Pictou Esquire deceased which said will was duly admitted to Probate in said Court at Pictou on the 17th. day of April AD 1900.
Witness my hand at Pictou this 17th. day of April AD 1906.
John D. MacLeod Registrar
PROVINCE OF NOVA SCOTIA, REGISTRAR OF DEEDS
Office, County of Pictou, JAN 16 1907 I certify that the within instrument was duly registered at 3 PM of the above day in Book 4 page 201-202 on the certificate of John D. MacLeod Reg
John Yorston Registrar.
Vault - Registry of Deeds Shelf
|File number:||15W - 3122P|
|Contributor:||Judy Cormier | View all submissions|
|Tags:||Howard Primrose of Pictou, Esquire, 1899, John Primrose, Olivia Primrose, Howard Primrose(grandson), Annie Primrose, Olivia Primrose(Granddaughter), Mary Campbell, Alexander Primrose, 1906, James Primrose, David Logan, 1907|
|Uploaded on:||February 23, 2017|