Estate of John P. Olding late of Merigomish, Farmer, deceased, Testate
Copy of Will for the Registrar of Deeds
In the Name of God, Amen.
I John P. Olding, Farmer, Merigomish, County of Pictou, Province of Nova Scotia, & Dominion of Canada, being weak in body, but sound in memory and understanding, do hereby make, Sig, & Seal This my last Will and Testament in manner following -
1. I hereby commit my Soul to God in Christ, and my Body to my heirs to be then decently committed to the Earth, and afterwards that a suitable tombstone shall be erected, where my dust is laid to rest in the hope of a blessed resurrection.
2. I hereby appoint and my direct Executors hereinafter named, to pay all my deathbed and Funeral expenses, and all my other just and lawful debts, out of my estate, and also to collect all debts justly due to me, in the way and time authorized by Law.
3. I hereby devise and bequeath to my Brother Michael E. Olding, the sum of Forty Dollars ($40.00) Dominion Currency.
4. I hereby devise and bequeath to my Sisters Mary Ann Olding and Catherine G. Olding, One Hundred and Twenty dollars ($120.00) each, and after all other claims are met, provided there be residue, the same shall be equally divided between them.
5. I hereby devise and bequeath to my Sister Mrs. Ann Cummings, the sum of Fifty Dollars ($50.00)
6. I hereby devise and bequeath to my Sister Elizabeth N. wife of James D. Copeland, and Harriet M. wife of Daniel McGregor, the sum of Twenty Dollars ($20.00) each.
7. I hereby devise and bequeath to the Board of Foreign Missions of the Presbyterian Church in Canada, in the Maritime Provinces, the sum of Twenty Dollars. ($20.00)
8. I hereby constitute and appoint My Brothers W.C. Olding Esqr. And Nicholas P. Olding, my Executors, and direct them under the Authority of the Court of Probate, to pay all my just and lawful debts, to collect all debts justly due to me, and otherwise to pay all the above bequests & to fulfil all the duties included in that part. Word all added and initialed.
In testimony of my adherence to the above details of this my Last Will and testament, I, in the presence of the witnesses have Subjoined, have Set my hand and Seal, on the Twenty Fourth day of May, in the year of our Lord, One Thousand Eight Hundred and Eighty three years.
Signed John P. Olding L.S.
Signed ---- A. P. Miller
" ---- Andrew P. Miller
County of Pictou Sf
In the Court of Probate of Wills
I do hereby certify that the foregoing instrument consisting of one and a quarter pages, is an exact and literal copy of the last Will and Testament of John P. Olding late of Merigomish in the County of Pictou, Farmer, deceased, Testate, which has been duly filed and admitted to Probate in accordance with the practice of the Court.
Given under my hand at Pictou this thirteenth day of July A.D. 1883.
John H. Lane Registrar
To the Registrar of Deeds for the County of Pictou
Province of Nova Scotia, Registrar of Deeds
Office, County of Pictou, 11th. August 1883 I certify that the within instrument was duly registered at Noon of the above day in the registry of Wills Book No 1, pages 190 & 191 on the certificate of John H. Lane Rgr.
John Ferguson Regr
Vault - Registry of Deeds Shelf
|File number:||15W - 2957O|
|Contributor:||Judy Cormier | View all submissions|
|Tags:||John P. Olding of Merigomish, Farmer, Michael E. Olding, Mary Ann Olding, Catharine G. Olding, Mrs. Ann Cummings, Elizabeth N.Copeland, James D. Copeland, Harriet M. McGregor, Daniel McGregor, Foreign Mission of Presbyterian Church Maritime Provinces, W. C. Olding Esq., Nicholas P. Olding, A. P. Miller, Andrew P. Miller, 1883|
|Uploaded on:||February 21, 2017|