Will of James W. McIntosh, deceased
Certified Copy of Will for Reg of Deeds
This is the last will and Testament of James W. McIntosh of Mountville in the County of Pictou and Province of Nova Scotia Farmer
1. I will and ordain that all my just debts funeral and testamentary expenses the expenses be paid by my executor hereinafter named as soon as possible after my decease.
2. I will and bequeath to my three children namely Laura, Leslie Stewart and my youngest an infant the sum of five hundred Dollars to be paid to expressly for the benefit of each of them making altogether the sum of fifteen hundred Dollars for the said three children
3. I will and bequeath to Margaret Robertson my niece and daughter of William G. Robertson of Churchville the sum of fifty Dollars
4. I will and bequeath to Caroline Fraser of Thorburn widow of late Ashel Fraser the sum of fifty Dollars to be given
in provisions and foo stuffs as she may require it
5. I will and bequeath to Gracie Wagg the girl who lives with me the sum of fifty Dollars
6. I will and bequeath to my wife Margaret McIntosh all my real estate and the residue and remaining part of my personal property
7. I appoint David McIntosh my brother as Guardian of my three children until they come to the age of maturity.
8. I also appoint the said David McIntosh my brother as the executor of this my last Will and Testament.
In Testimony whereof I have hereto set my hand this fifth day of August A.D. 1907.
Signed James W. McIntosh
Signed and declared by the said James W. McIntosh as and for his last Will and Testament in the presence of us the subscribing witnesses who at his request and in the presence of each other have subscribed our names as witnesses hereunto.
(Sgd) Angus McMillan
(Sgd) James Dim**cook Heighton
County of Pictou S.S.
In the Court of Probate of Wills
I John D. McLeod Registrar of said Court do hereby certify that the foregoing paper writing is a true copy of the last Will and Testament of James W. McIntosh late of Mountille in the County of Pictou Farmer deceased which said will was duly admitted to Probate in said Court at Pictou on the 13th. day of August AD 1907.
Witness my hand at Pictou this 13th. day of August AD 1907.
John D. MacLeod Registrar
PROVINCE OF NOVA SCOTIA, REGISTRAR OF DEEDS
Office, County of Pictou, MAR 20 1908 I certify that the within instrument was duly registered at 3:30 PM of the above day in Book 4 page 256 on the certificate of John D. MacLeod Reg
John Yorston Registrar.
Vault - Registry of Deeds Shelf
|File number:||15W - 2495M|
|Contributor:||Judy Cormier | View all submissions|
|Tags:||James W. McIntosh of Mountville, Farmer, 1907, Laura McIntosh, Leslie McIntosh, Stewart McIntosh, Margaret Robertson, William G. Robertson of Churchville, Caroline Fraser of Thorburn, late Ashel Fraser, Gracie Wagg, Margaret McIntosh, Daniel McIntosh, Angus McMillan, James D. Heighton, 1908|
|Uploaded on:||October 3, 2016|