Before 1902, water carts were filled at one of the many pumps and delivered to homes for one cent a bucket. The cart was hauled by horse or donkey. The delivery man in this picture is John O'Brien. Murdock's Pump was located at the junction of Church, Denoon, and Coleraine Street in front of the home of Clark Murdock. The house was demolished to make way for the St. James parish hall.